1.Beetroot helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle as it contains potassium, magnesium and iron and source of vitamins like vitamin A,B6,C and folic acid. Beetroot also contains carbohydrates, protein, powerful antioxidants and soluble fibre.
2. High content of nitrates in beetroot produces a gas called nitric oxide in the blood which widens the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
3. Antioxidant like Betacyanin in beetroot helps to reduce the LDL cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.It also helps in preventing colon cancer.
4. Beetroot contains folic acid which is essential for normal tissue growth.Being a rich source of iron,it is good for anaemia and fatigue.Beetroot is a must vegetable to be included by a pregnant woman in daily diet especially during the first three months of pregnancy.It also helps to boost up the stamina.
5. Beetroot contains the mineral silica. This helps the body to utilise calcium, which is important for musculo-skeletal health and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
6. Beetroot contains soluble fibre which has cholesterol lowering capabilities. It also contains carotenoids and flavonoids which help to prevent LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol from being oxidised and deposited in the arteries.
|High content of nitrates in Beetroot|
7.Beetroot helps to purify the blood.
8.Beetroot is fat free and it is low in calories.It also works as a laxative and helps in treating constipation.
9.The presence of beta-carotene in beetroot helps to prevent lung cancer,cataract and it also avoids macular degeneration.
10.Beetroot helps in weight reduction by acting as a natural appetite suppressant.