Cure for Lower Back Pain
As the body gets older, the flexibility of the back starts to weaken. Practicing yoga can help to increase flexibility of the hamstrings and lower back. Back pain is an affliction that affects millions of people and they experience this form of pain at least once in their lifetime. The hips are connected to a person’s lower spine. About eighty percent of people who suffer from pain in their back do so because of hip problems. Yoga is a very old practice which can improve back flexibility and contribute to a healthier life. Not many people know the benefits of yoga in helping to reduce back pain. Back pain may arise due to different reasons like:
- Muscle injury/damage
- Ligament injury/damage
- Disc injury
- Stress/ tension
- Improper posture
- It reduces physical impairment by increasing the strength and flexibility of the back.
- It increases self-efficacy and conscious awareness of the body.
- It has a positive effect on relieving stress.
- It improves the neuroendocrine function.
Some of the best yoga poses for relieving back pain are
- Corpse Pose (Shava Asana)
- Cat Stretch (Bidal Asana)
- Sage Twist (Marichya Asana)
- Palm Tree Pose (Tala Asana)
- Mountain Pose (Tada Asana)
- Triangle Pose (Trikona Asana)
- Fish Pose (Matsya Asana)
- Locust Pose (Shalabha Asana) and
- Wind-Releasing Pose (Pavan Mukta Asana)