Yoga Weight Training
Yoga is actually an ancient practice which promotes balance between the body and the soul. There are several methods of practicing yoga and each has its own specific benefits. Even those who practice weight training exercise can benefit from yoga. A weight training program when coupled with yoga, can help the person’s body and the mind in several ways. Here are some of the benefits:
- Consistent yoga practice can help decrease blood pressure. It also improves the blood circulation.
- The various breathing techniques of yoga can help increase the amount of air that we inhale, increasing in turn the amount of oxygen that can be utilized by the body. The increased oxygen in the body allows the organs to function better.
- Yoga can help reduce the heart rate and increase the amount of oxygen in the blood. Together, both these conditions help in increasing cardiovascular endurance.
- Weight training can frequently lead to sore muscles and limbs. This is caused due to the buildup of lactic acid. Practicing yoga helps to avoid this accumulation of lactic acid, which in turn helps alleviate soreness.
- Yoga also helps increase metabolism, helping you to maintain your weight.
- Yoga improves your metabolism, as does weight training. When these two forms of exercise are practiced in tandem, they give your metabolism a major boost and this helps your body to burn more fat, giving you that ripped look.
- Though yoga and weight training are seldom thought of together, yoga can be effectively used for weight training. The body movements of people who perform yoga are more deliberate and easy, giving a specific poise and balance to the person.
- When you incorporate yoga into your fitness routine in addition to weight training, you will experience massive increases in your core strength. A strong core helps you to lift more, train harder, and avoid back injuries that are so common in weight training.
- Weight training can reduce flexibility to a certain extent. The dynamic and static stretches in yoga help to ensure that your body remains supple and flexible.
- Yoga can be used as a very effective cool down routine at the end of a strenuous weight training programme.